An alumnus of Friends University and Capella University, Dr. Jeffery Scott Fraser owns the Tsaina Lodge in Valdez, Alaska. In his free time, Dr. Jeffery S. Fraser enjoys various outdoor activities, including hunting and bird dog field challenges.
A bird dog, also known as a gun or hunting dog, is a dog breed used to retrieve small game shot while hunting. Bird dog breeds, such as the Labrador retriever, are obedient and trainable, and they follow commands well and can use their sense of smell to track game. Some common bird dog commands include the following:
- Here or come. This command brings the dog back to the hunter.
- Sit. Self-explanatory, this common command can be taught using food as a motivator.
- Stay. This command keeps the dog in place until released.
- Kennel. This command orders the dog into his kennel or cage, but can be also used for vehicles, hunting blinds, and other field-related locations.
- No. This command is used to discourage disobedient or otherwise undesirable behavior.
Jeffery Scott Fraser founded the National Information Consortium and Kansas Information Consortium in the 1990s as companies that provided individual and corporate clients with efficient ways of interacting with the government via the Internet.